Filipinos, 2 Can Play The Game – 2021 US Open 9-Ball, Where Carlo Biado Is Champion & Wife Niecky Quebec Is Winner!


This is the true story of Filipinos Carlo Biado and wife Niecky Quebecwho actually helped him win Sunday, 19 September, the 2021 US Open 9-Ball Championship at Harrah’s Resort in Atlantic City, New Jersey, USA. Prize: $50,000 (P2.5 million).

His opponent, Singapore’s Aloysius Yapp, never had any remote idea he was fighting a Filipino Husband & Wife Team!

This is the Carlo Biado 9-Ball Championship story nobody else is telling you.

First, I am proud to say I and Carlo are Ilocano, and we have roots from Rosario, La Union. I used to play pool myself – we called it “billiards” – until college in the early 1960s. I was an A-player too: I could defeat you with a “love set,” meaning, you never get to play while I pocket all the balls and finish the game all by myself! Magic? You need nerves, plus experience plus an experimental mind like that of the incomparable billiards “Magician” Efren “Bata” Reyes, another Filipino.

Philip Matel says (23 September 2021, “New Champ Carlo Biado Made Magic In US Open Thanks To Fellow Filipino Efren 'Bata' Reyes[1],” TV5, espn.com):

Newly crowned US Open Pool champion Carlo Biado has billiards legend Efren "Bata" Reyes to thank for serving as an inspiration in his momentous victory.

Philip is incorrect! Carlo made magic in the US Open, thanks to his wife Niecky! Philip himself says:

In the early goings of the contest, Yapp took a commanding five-rack lead, 8-3, which rattled the Filipino.

However, a familiar face in the crowd soothed Biado's nerves, and he then found the resolve to respond.

Carlo responded with new resolve and went on to win the championship! What would he have done without his wife encouraging him right there and then?!

Mark Giongcosays, “Down, 3-8, Biado won 10 straight racks to claim the prestigious title” (19 September 2021, “Carlo Biado Rallies To Win US Open 9-Ball Title,” Sports, Inquirer.net). “The 37-year-old Biado became the first Filipino to win the tournament since Efren “Bata” Reyes in 1994.”

So, I say, actually a Husband & Wife Team jointly won the 2021 US Open 9-Ball Championship!

(Lesson: Husband, love your wife. Wife, love your husband. Do things together whenever you can!)

(Now then, you look up again. From their Facebook page, the lower image shows husband & wife doing their Tik Tok – with love.)

The wife gave her husband encouragement when he most needed it!

Philip Matelsays Carlo said:

My wife was there in front of the crowd. She told me to relax and not think about the bad chances I got with the ball. I just needed to play my game. I felt I was going to win, and she told me the same thing before playing. That's why I felt good.

Now, watch!

Biado-Yapp, 3-8
Biado-Yapp, 4-8
Biado-Yapp, 5-8
Biado-Yapp, 6-8
Biado-Yapp, 7-8
Biado-Yapp, 8-8
Biado-Yapp, 9-8
Biado-Yapp, 10-8
Biado-Yapp, 11-8
Biado-Yapp, 12-8
Biado-Yapp, 13-8!

Total: 11 love sets. “Lucky 13?” No, “Gritty 13!”@517



[1]https://tv5.espn.com/story/_/id/32261236/biado-made-magic-us-open-thanks-bata

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lessons Learned From Roman Catholic “Father Acong” About Successfully Building Basic Ecclesial Communities (BECs) With Enduring Love

“Creative Freedom” – UP, Time To Replace Your Symbol Of Academic Freedom!

SOLVE As A Way Of Speech & Blogging As A Way Of Write